Saturday, June 27, 2009

Main Thi Main Hoon Main Rahoongi

Relationships - so simple, yet more than three quarters of world can't get it right - why? 'Its complicated' .. I heard my friend tell me when I queried about what she thought about Rihanna being butchered by her boyfriend and she patching up with him and accepting him back into her life... what do people see in their relationships that they decide to go back to the very same person who has hurt you, physically, mentally and has tortured you throughout his life.. its not just Rihanna, its millions of women around the world who are subjected to domestic violence every day and are still with their husbands.. there are men who cheat and lie, and their wives accept their lame excuses for cheating, and the best part is ... this happens not once .. but over and over again... A classic case as I heard on the radio this morning - A girl calls in to the "agony aunt" show - and asks the psychiatrist on the channel - My boyfriend has cheated on me thrice before, and he is has always come back and apologized and regretted it, and then he did it again this time - what do I do .. ?

I was really shocked, so shocked that I started laughing aloud - much to the misery of the people who were riding with me and took that show seriously... But that is the truth - the ridicularity( if there is a word like that in English ) of the issue was beyond all limits. How can a girl not see through this person, who is just using her! Good Lord I thought to myself, these people are so insecure that they are not willing to let go of the person who abuses the relationship, abuses their esteem, abuses everything that defines their existence... and all for what? So that they have someone to talk to? someone to give them company.. exactly what is motivating them to stay in there?


Now I agree in every relationship there are ups and downs , pluses and minuses, you can't have someone perfectly stitched for you, you kind of work around somethings.. and sometimes it does happen that you give something up , especially expectations or opinions those can be given up sometimes (I stress on the word sometimes) or if you are not the very opinionated person, you probably deserve to be bossed around... but I swear no one deserves to be cheated and lied to.. and definitely not beaten .. Of course there are people like me who are total high maintenance, so I need people to give me attention all the time, anything otherwise is sacrilege .. But given that you have defined your limits of patience, if someone goes past them, you react, retreat, scream shout , fight, win your stance back or at worst case let go of the person and get your freedom back... I don't know why anyone would want to hang on to years of abuse and ridiculing just beats the sense out of any human logic.. except may be insanity!

For now .. just a small message to all those people in abusive relationships .. there is a world out there that you can explore, all you have to do is just step out - go beyond temporary conveniences, step into a world of opportunities. Stand on your own and see the difference it makes in your life, 'coz afterall your life is at the end of the day about you and your existence!

No comments: